Shepherds of Good Hope Foundation

I'm Anna Silverman, Executive Director of Shepherds of Good Hope Foundation. Welcome to my blog!

Thursday 1 October 2015

Generating buzz about MAP

Sometimes things just never get old. Earlier this week, we got an alert about a story on Shepherds of Good Hope and its managed alcohol program. Interesting.

When I clicked on the headline, I discovered the story and video was done in 2011. I read it anyway and found it to be a powerful story and a straight forward look at what we do. I know I've blogged several times about our managed alcohol program and we've done stories for our website and Facebook page, but there seems to be a lot of interest in this program.

We have experts across Canada and around the world who come to visit us to find out more about the program. But we also have a lot of donors or people who follow us on social media who are also very interested. When we posted that 2011 story and video on Facebook earlier this week, I was astounded with how many people commented or read the story. I'm so happy with how many people are taking an interested in some of our more innovative programs.

I believe that if you know more about what we do and how it helps Ottawa's homeless population, then you will be more comfortable helping us out, either with a donation of cash or a donation of goods. The reason we prefer financial donations is that as a large shelter that serves 1,600 men and women every day, we have some buying power that most individuals don't have.

Meanwhile, in case you haven't seen the story, here's a link. And here's a link to the donation page. Please consider making a donation this fall. The donation you make goes to helping so many of Ottawa's most in-need men and women.

If you would like to know more about Shepherds of Good Hope or would like to book a tour, please contact me at 613-897-8210, ext. 247 or by email at asilverman@shepherdsofgoodhope.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment