Shepherds of Good Hope Foundation

I'm Anna Silverman, Executive Director of Shepherds of Good Hope Foundation. Welcome to my blog!

Thursday 27 August 2015

A donation of barbecues

I love my job. I love it especially when I can thank people for all the help they give us. I love it when I get photos like the one below.

Thanks to the generosity of  Harvey Steinwald of the Knights of Pythias .... , we now have two new barbecues. These will last us for years to come and we can use them at all of our locations. In the summer, it's a treat for our clients to get something a little different from what they might get in the soup kitchen. Although we try to have interesting and nutritious meals for them, there's nothing like the treat of a hamburger or a hot dog off the grill.

We'll also put these barbecues to good use when we hold our volunteer appreciation barbecue.

Thank you so much, Harvey. I know the clients will enjoy a lot of good food thanks to your donation.


No comments:

Post a Comment