Shepherds of Good Hope Foundation

I'm Anna Silverman, Executive Director of Shepherds of Good Hope Foundation. Welcome to my blog!

Wednesday 9 April 2014

Talking with Oaks Volunteer, Rob

It's National Volunteer Week!  We have so much appreciation for our volunteers every single week, but we're always happy to let them know how great they are!

The Oaks (Supportive Living Residence)

Meet, Rob, he is a volunteer at The Oaks during lunch.  We asked him a few questions about his experience with Shepherds of Good Hope.

Why do you volunteer at Shepherds of Good Hope?
I had done some volunteer work in the past with this organization and was impressed by the level of compassion toward the clients and the overall organization of the operation. Having a busy schedule of my own with a limited amount of time available, I was hoping to do some work with an organization that was providing a service to its clients that consisted of compassion, dignity and respect and I find that Shepherd's of Good Hope does these things very well.

Has there been a point in time while volunteering here that was very significant to you?
So far there has not been any one situation or experience that has been remarkably different from others (during the time I have been at the Oaks). What has made the biggest impression on me is what seems to be a very positive dynamic between staff members in fulfilling the needs of the clients generally. There seems to be a genuine respect between the staff themselves as well as toward the residents, which speaks to a well functioning organization.

What would you say your experience volunteering here has been?
The experience has allowed me to work in a different side of the food preparation area than I normally do as a professional chef. It has allowed me to see that very simple, but well-made and flavorful food is appreciated. In short, just being humble and making a positive contribution usually has positive results.

Are you interested in volunteering with us?  Please CLICK HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment