Shepherds of Good Hope Foundation

I'm Anna Silverman, Executive Director of Shepherds of Good Hope Foundation. Welcome to my blog!

Friday 11 September 2015

The giving has already started at the Ottawa Catholic School Board

Most of us look forward to Fridays. For many of us, it's hopefully the end of a rewarding work week and the signal to some rest and relaxation on the weekend.

I like this particular Friday for another reason. This morning I had the pleasure of meeting with the Ottawa Catholic School Board Director of Education Denise Andre. The Catholic schools do a lot of fundraising for us every school year and I wanted to thank them for their past support and to talk about the upcoming year.

Little did I know they already had donations ready for me to take back to the shelter. The board offices have two very cute baskets at different locations where people can drop off items for Shepherds of Good Hope. We had two large bags filled with toiletries.

Toiletries are expensive and it's natural to forget that homeless men and women need deodorant, toothpaste, etc. So these gifts are very much appreciated. Thank you to the men and women who collected these items.

It's only the first week of school but we've already had several schools approach us about bringing their students on a tour of our facilities. Thank you for reaching out.

Just based on the first few days of the school year, I think we're going to have a great year and a great partnership over the next 10 months. To all the students, we look forward to meeting you in 2015-2016.

If you're a teacher and you would like to visit Shepherds of Good Hope with your students, please contact me at 613-789-8210, ext. 247 or at asilverman@shepherdsofgoodhope.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment