Shepherds of Good Hope Foundation

I'm Anna Silverman, Executive Director of Shepherds of Good Hope Foundation. Welcome to my blog!

Friday 24 July 2015

The more you know ...

One of the reasons I like to blog is I love having the opportunity to share with you every day the work we do at Shepherds of Good Hope. And for regular readers, you know that I often like to end my daily blog with a shared link to one of our programs or with a request to donate.

I believe, though, that if I'm going to ask you for your hard-earned money or your valuable time, then you should have a clear idea of what we do, who we help and how you can join us.

Recently, I recently came across a report by the Association of Fundraising Professionals - Canada. Well, it turns out that most people who donate do it because they that want to know a charity does good work.

Eight-three per cent of people who were surveyed said the needed to know a charity's purpose before they would donate and 79 per cent said it's important for them to know if their donation is making an impact.

I don't believe the onus is all on you to find out what we do. Yes, you're welcomed to check out our website any time. Please, do. In fact, you should check it out often as we try to post a few new stories every week about the people we help or the people who help us. For example, a lot of you have been interested in the story about six-year-old Charlie and his blessing bags.

But we also want to reach out to you. This blog is one way. We're also there on Facebook and Twitter and we're constantly looking at other social media platforms that will help you learn more about what we do. We also send out a monthly newsletter that you can sign up for on our homepage. If you want to see firsthand what we do, call me (613-789-8210, ext. 247) for a tour and we'll be more than happy to take you to where we serve the men and women who rely on us every day.

We do all of this to ensure that you know the impact your donation is having on Ottawa's most vulnerable men and women. Please take time to learn more about us. We would be so grateful to have your help.

No comments:

Post a Comment