Shepherds of Good Hope Foundation

I'm Anna Silverman, Executive Director of Shepherds of Good Hope Foundation. Welcome to my blog!

Tuesday 29 December 2015

The Christmas Spirit

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. I was here serving the gravy as I usually do on Christmas Day. You never know who is going to drop by and this year was no different.

Magalie, 12, Felix, 11, Maxime, 9, Sophie, 8, Elyse, 4, and Alexandre, 2, dropped by with their parents. Maxime had suggested everyone spend the morning making sandwiches for homeless people before anyone opened their gifts. So that's what they did. They arrived at the shelter around 11 in the morning and delivered 40 sandwiches to grateful men and women.

What a wonderful thing to do. They could have spent their morning opening gifts and playing with them. But instead, they were in the kitchen making sandwiches. I know their parents Philippe and Veronic are very proud of their children. Thank you so much for stopping by on Christmas Day.

Every Christmas I get to witness selfless acts of generosity like this one.


No comments:

Post a Comment