Shepherds of Good Hope Foundation

I'm Anna Silverman, Executive Director of Shepherds of Good Hope Foundation. Welcome to my blog!

Thursday 5 November 2015

Socks from Mountaingoat Yoga

I'm sitting in my office which feels a bit like an oven right now. I appreciate the mild weather but I know winter is just around the corner no matter what the thermometer says.

The good folks at Mountaingoat Yoga Centre know it, too. They recently had a sock and underwear drive, Thank you so much. I've blogged about it before but socks and underwear are just some of the items we need all time.

Socks are especially important during the winter months. Once winter arrives, we set up a box of socks near our soup kitchen doors so that anyone can have easy access to dry and warm socks.

Even in the winter, a lot of homeless people will still spend a good part of their day outside. It doesn't take long for socks to get wet. Keeping your feet warm and dry are very important. It's not just a nice feeling. It's a health issue. So thank you Mountaingoat Yoga Centre for the donation.


No comments:

Post a Comment