Shepherds of Good Hope Foundation

I'm Anna Silverman, Executive Director of Shepherds of Good Hope Foundation. Welcome to my blog!

Thursday 11 June 2015

Barbecue fun

We had a great turnout for the 10th anniversary barbecue for St. Andrew's Residence. All the clients turned out and we also had residents from The Oaks drop by. We also had some neighbourhood residents and some special guests come help us celebrate.

Somehow I ended up on cooking duties. But I had fun. We had burgers, hotdogs, veggie burgers, and lots of chips and pop. Thank you to all the people who turned out and to the people who donated the goods to make this happen.

Barbecues are meant to be fun. But they also send a bigger message. A message that we are a community, a community that helps others, a community that looks out for each other. A barbecue on a nice summer day is just a fun, relaxing way to get together. When I speak to the residents, some of whom I don't get to see that often, it just further drives home why I do what I do.

The great news is that this is just the first. Next month we have our big barbecue for our clients. Stay tuned for more details.



No comments:

Post a Comment